Sunday, January 3, 2010

Field day May 2009

As I reflect on the events of this past year, I realized how blessed Brett and I are. It's been a whril-wind of a year, but we've loved every second of it. I promised I would write more stories about this summer. So the next event after the baseball game was field day at the elementary school that I student taught at. My mentor teacher was pregers so I filled in for her:) It was really fun for all of the kids and it was great to watch them. A lot of the events the students particapted in, they got ribbons if they got first, second or third. That was a good motivation for them to particapate.
The final event was kickball. It was teachers vs. students! I played second base. I was alright, a little rusty. And I totally embarassed myself by running to kick the ball and completely missed. Picture Charlie Brown and Lucee kicking the football... Well that was me!!! We ended up smashing them. I felt bad, but we tried to "pretend" that we were playing and letting them score, but they still lost. But here are some sweet pictures from that day:)



Look at that high kick!!!

Playing second base.
The beautiful view from the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment